Friday, November 27, 2009

He Is Here!
















He is here....Parker William that is! Things have been very busy with our new arrivals and I finally have a minute to update this blog. Well here is the story of Parker ( things are a little fuzzy in terms of times but here is the event in general). November 14th I began contracting early afternoon, things weren't real regular but were happening every 5-10 minutes. We went out to lunch with our friends Rachel and Jeremy and had some yummy mexican and told there baby to have a talk with my tummy and tell ours how to come out :)By, the end of lunch they were still coming but I was in disbelief of anything really happening, I had contractions on and off since I was put on bedrest for preterm labor at 33 weeks. So...I went grocery shopping, did the laundry, picked up and hung out with Jeremy and Payton. Talk about nesting and not knowing it...same happened with Payton! Well, I still wan't feeling well that evening so I took a bath and laid down and just hung out with the boys. By about 7pm I told Jeremy I think they were coming more regular so he started timing them with me and they were about every 3-6 minutes. I didn't want to go back to the hospital and then end up getting sent home so I stalled on going. We put Payton to bed and then while resting on the couch they started coming every 1-3 minutes, soo...with my husbands coaxing we decided to take Payton to Gma's house and go get checked out. Mind you, when I was really in labor with Payton I didn't believe it either. We got to the hospital about 9:30pm 'ish and the nurse checked me and I was dilated to 3cm ( the day before I was 1), but the baby was still high up.....not according to how I felt though! She made me get in the whirlpool for an hour and then checked me and I was 4.5cm, and still contracting about every 1-3 minutes. So....then came the walking. Things really stalled out at 4.5cm so the doctor wanted to start pitocin and have me get the epidural to help relax things along. And, how nice was it to know the anesthesiologist....joys of being a nurse, haha. Once the epidural was in the Pitocin wasn't really regulating my contractions like they were supposed to. Doctor wouldn't break my water because the baby was still to high up but didn't want to send me home since I dilated from 5-10cm with Payton in 30 minutes, so here I was 38 weeks with a labor that was taking forever....luckily it wasn't really all that painful. With the threat of a c-section we gave the baby a pep talk and at about 2pm the next afternoon November 15th doctor decided he would break my water so that he could use some internal monitors...what a weird feeling when my water broke on its own with Payton at 38 weeks! After he broke my water he left and about ten minutes later I began feeling lots and lots of painful pressure down there but no pain anywhere else..the nurse checked me and I was 7cm ( I believe), a few minutes later I felt even more pressure so she checked me again and I was ready to push! She called the doc and said that he would be there in ten minutes....which felt like hours! They had to keep me on my side because if I rolled onto my back the nurse was sure I would deliver, once he got there and I got my block due to the intense pressure I pushed for ten minutes and out came Parker William at 3:56 pm weighing 8lbs 10z, and was 21 inches long. He cried instantly despite the cord was around his neck (what is it with my boys and wrapping there cords every which way?!) and was so beautiful. Since then we have been working on gaining weight and getting breastfeeding down. So far he is so quiet and sleeps 95% of the time which is also opposite of his brother. We can't wait to see how the boys grow together and am so excited for Payton have a brother exactly 12 months and 5 days apart. So far Payton isn't phased by Parkers presence but has figured out how to say BROTHER! We go for Parkers 2 week checkup on Monday so we will let everyone know how that goes. Well, thats all for now. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment