Monday, January 15, 2018

Giving Thanks and Birthdays!

After celebrating a wonderful Thanksgiving with our friends and family today we had the blessing to celebrate our boys' birthdays with their friends. We were able to rent out Bender Pool and had friends from their classes and basketball teams. We were even able to invite some family friends and family to the party. The kids all played so well can made out pretty good!

Throughout the break we have kept a close eye on Parker and notice off the zoloft he has still been quick to become upset and overly emotional, nothing to the extreme of what has happened at school but enough we are somewhat worried about how next week will go after break. We decided tonight to start the Risperidal so we can observe him ourself on this new medication rather than having to start mid week and not knowing exactly how he acts on it during the day. So, he had his first dose tonight. More to come on that I guess over the next week.

Tomorrow is going to be a day of relaxing together and working on the endless boxes still needing unpacked and a house that still needs decorated. Its amazing how when you add in school, work, day to day stress, basketball tournaments and practices and the basic weekly needs of running a house hold that even a Type A person like myself looses the motivation to truely unpack. I am not sure if I am just tired from everything, I am starting to relax when possible and do not want to do anything but that when I finally have a second, or if I am not mentally prepared to claim our new normal-even if I am happy about our new home.

It was also nice this weekend that Jeremy and I even got a few nights to ourselves finally, something that never happens. My parents took the kids home Thanksgiving evening and we got them back this afternoon before their party. Jeremy and I were able to go shopping a bit, go out to eat, hang out and enjoy spending time together...something that we take for granted with everything we have going on in our lives. I am so thankful for everything we have in life and the people who are in it.  Things to remember, just breathe and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment